I’ve been nominated by my fellow blogger and lovely friend, Tatyana, from The Vegan Glutton for the Shine On award for blogging. First, I’m very thrilled to be nominated, especially as the first time ever in the blogging community. Secondly, I’m even more honored by the fact that said nomination came from my friend Tatyana, whom I met in person last month during my recent travels. Tatyana is an incredibly passionate and intelligent woman, beautiful inside and out. She is a happy vegan and animal lover. Plus, she is health and fitness fanatic like me!
As part of the Shine On Award, I’m to share seven things about me and this blog:
1. I strive to take good care of myself by ways of balancing all facets of my health—of the body and soul.
2. One of the biggest joy of my life is immersing my senses through eating, cooking and sharing delicious yet healthful food and recipes with others, while being a conscious eater.
3. I gravitate toward evidence-based and well-sounded research studies particularly on nutrition. Though I enjoy learning about different dualities and holistic approach to all things related to health and wellness, I am also a bit of science geek.
4. My yoga practice makes me a better yoga student who happens to be a certified Bikram Yoga instructor. Teaching is about sharing the love for the practice (on and off the mat), and knowledge of yoga as part of our everyday living.
5. I’m a vegetarian-inspired foodie. I’m making changes to eat less animal protein while learning to understand what my body needs.
6. Though I’ve had an undergraduate degree in Business and worked in corporate industries for a long time, I’m now back in school pursuing my other passion (aside from teaching yoga)—on the road to becoming a Registered Dietitian! I’m loving every minute of it.
7. Though I enjoy cooking, I love baking more because it’s technically science made into art. I like the precisions required in measuring, understanding the chemistry involved, and the artistic mastery of baking (note to self: need more patience).
Just because. I’ll share one more: I tend to collectively improvise recipes and make new ones on my own. It’s always delicious science experiments for me in the kitchen!
I nominate, in no particular order, the following blogs:
Best of luck everyone!